Final Project: Berlin Wall

2:22 PM Melissa 0 Comments


I had a hard time figuring out exactly what I wanted to do. At first I wanted to create a program for an event in Berlin. Now, I'm thinking about doing a Berlin Wall walking tour. It would start at the Markisches Museum. Then visitors and locals would walk to the Engelbecken, St. Thomas Church, Schilling Bridge and Heinrich-Heine-Strasse U-bahn station. Lastly, they would take the U-bahn to the Berlin Wall Memorial.

For the media part of the project, I am going to make a short film based on the experience of a person on the tour. In addition to including what the individual sees, pictures and texts are included to bring context to the site of what it used to look and the events that occurred there. All these combined will inform them of how the Wall affected the landscape, Berlin residents, and Germany's representation of itself to the world.

For the written portion, I am going to create an information packet for the tour guide. It will include the route, the meaning of the Wall and the history and importance of each site.

Picture: VOICES

You Might Also Like

0 comments :