First Soccer Game: Hertha vs. Borussia

9:56 AM Melissa 1 Comments

Olympic Stadium
Thrill, excitement, and anticipation filled the air with thousands of roaring fans. Hertha Berlin was playing against Borussia Mönchengladbach at Olympic Stadium. 

I was so happy to get the chance to go to the soccer game with my classmates. My first soccer game ever, and it was in Berlin! I learned the rules of the game as the players played offense and defense. Sporting my white and blue, I cheered enthusiastically for Hertha. The bright lights, enormous green field, crowd’s energy, and beautiful stadium made my experience that much better. You wouldn’t have known it, but the current stadium was built 75 years ago for the 1936 Summer Olympics. I’m sure the renovations for the 2006 FIFA World Cup had a part to do with that too.

Surprisingly, the time passed quickly and before I knew it, the game was over. I really enjoyed being there and would recommend anyone to go a game.

* On a side note, I have to admit I’m not a big fan of soccer. Since I don’t know much about soccer, I give huge props to those who can play it well.
Olympic Rings
Fans at Olympic Stadium
Soccer Game
Borussia Fans

You Might Also Like

1 comment :

  1. This is fine, but as we talked about today, next week I'd like to see you really developing ideas for your project!

    ReplyDelete